Kurai

Kurai

Random - Tom Leveen

I read Random while it was available on Pulse It. I was originally alerted to this title by a friend's review earlier this year, so I was excited when it was available to read on Pulse It. :D

I haven't read many other YA books on this topic, and I think it's an important topic to cover. I was also intrigued that this particular title is told from the point of view of the bully, but in a way, it was also very frustrating, because Tori clearly doesn't feel any remorse or feel like she was in the least responsible for what happened to someone she used to consider a friend. I couldn't understand that at all, and I will admit that I had a REALLY hard time with that over the course of the story. I won't say how things turn out for Tori or if her attitude changes, but this was something I really struggled with over the course of this book. Tori was very ME ME ME, and I hated it.

While I had a very complicated relationship with the main character of Random, I really enjoyed this book from a writing standpoint, and I liked the concept of the story. I also liked how the book showcased the way Tori's actions affected her family. I thought that showed at least one side of the repercussions of what Tori had become involved with, even if Tori herself didn't seem affected in a lot of ways. Overall, I enjoyed this despite my issues with Tori, and I think that it's worth giving it a shot! I'm definitely looking forward to reading more of Leveen's books in the future.