Kurai

Kurai

The Wicked Within - Kelly Keaton

This review is for the third book in the Gods & Monsters series.  My review for the second book, A Beautiful Evil, is here and my review for the first book, Darkness Becomes Her, is here.

OMG THE SERIES ISN'T OVER AFTER ALL. AHHHHHHHH. SO EXCITED. FEBRUARY 17TH CANNOT COME SOON ENOUGH!

*cough* Anyway. :)

I love the cover of this book so much. I love the covers of all of them, but there's just something about this one. :)

The Wicked Within is another book with a slightly slow build in the beginning, but once it gets going, it hits the ground running. It differs from the first two books in that it switches from Ari's POV to Sebastian's every once in a while. I had mixed feelings about that at first, but at the same time, it was really cool to see stuff from Sebastian's POV. The second book in the series set a lot of things in motion, so there's a lot here to enjoy.

There was one thing at the end that really bugged me, but other than that, I was pretty happy. I also kind of felt like things were left pretty open-ended, without everything necessarily tied up - but that's solved now that I know a fourth book is coming! :D YAY.

I would highly recommend this to anyone who thinks they won't be too turned off by the combination of paranormal stuff in the series. It took me by surprise, but I absolutely loved it, and I recommend that anyone else who thinks they wouldn't mind at least give it a shot.

I'm really glad that I discovered this series thanks to PulseIt! :D